Friday, September 3, 2010

Why I'm Running

A little over a year ago, I went through a really BAD season. I was dating a guy, for 3 years, that I was in love with. I thought that we were going to end up getting married and having a great life together. The reality was, that wasn't going to happen for us.

I felt like I was always trying to change him and as many of you know, being in the business of change doesn't EVER work out for the good. I wanted more for him and his life and at the time, he didn't want that. I felt like I was pushing him to seek the Lord and have a genuine desire for Him. 

Things progressively got worse between us, in my heart of hearts, I knew it wasn't going to work. Not until both of us allowed the Lord to change us and we grew up. 


One night, we were in Tucson visiting my parents, for mother's day. He wanted to visit with his friends in Tuscon and I did not. After all,  I was there to be with my family, not his friends. After a high tension day and bickering, we went out to dinner and dancing with some of his friends (me begrudgingly). Well, the "night of fun" took a quick turn for the worse, in a snapshot, he ended up hitting me. 


It took me a year to finally be able to move on, thanks in part to great friends, family, and most importantly the work that the Lord did in me. When I finally released him in forgiveness, I began to soar!


Now that I'm FREE, I've taken up running as a close to a chapter in my life! 


Let the journey begin!

No comments:

 
Copyright Pounds on the Pavement 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul . Sponsored by: Website Templates | Premium Themes. Distributed by: blog template